May 21, 2008

Early Access comic from Ctrl+Alt+Del

Ctrl+Alt+Del, one of my favorite webcomics, has a 4-panel strip dedicated to Age of Conan's Early Access program (or more like, targeted at people complaining they didn't get into EA). Hehe.

I can understand the frustration of people who tried to get into the program and couldn't, but honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. You start the game 3 (or 6) days later, that's all.

Personally, I paid 5 Euro for it and downloaded everything successfully. I even played the game for a while on my older computer which barely met the minimum requirements. However, when my PC upgrade parts arrived and I installed them, I started experiencing crashes and freeze-ups in AoC, which made the game pretty much unplayable. Looks like I'll have to spend the next few days till the launch just trying to solve the problem, and that will effectively make my EA useless. So much for a headstart! I'll post my new PC specs and how well it can run AoC in the next few days (or when I fix it).

I'm not loosing out on much though. Granted, some hardcore guilds have already started building their guild cities, but these are people who probably explored everything in beta already. I plan to take things slowly and actually follow the storyline... Whenever I can play the game, that is.

What's more, server maintenance is an everyday thing during EA; just today, for example, there's a planned 5 hour downtime starting 20:00 GMT - which is really inconvenient for people who can only play on evenings. Can't they move them to 5 AM or something?

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Well, it seems they moved it to 2:00 AM GMT. Good choice IMHO. I'm playing already, fixed the problem, PC specs coming up in next post. I'm getting really low FPS though, but judging from the official forums, I'm not the only one.

Kasami said...

I think the Early Access-payment also will give us 10 extra days of playtime.

Irfan said...

Dude...tell me one simple thing.....is there any Free For ALL server for AoC or no.. couz since I know about AoC I heared that there will me a FREE server but at the end they just turn around their a$$ and said you have to pay some buggs to play .. i mean total inhalation...

I am keeping an eye on xtreme 100 servers too if they post any free server for AoC....
Waiting for your response..

Andrew said...

No actually, there are no free servers, the "Free for all" thing refers to PvP where you are allowed to kill anyone :)

Post a Comment